Guemes Island Resort is located ~90 miles north of Seattle. While a bit of a trek, we know you'll love this island as much as we do. There are two options for joining us at camp: bus or drive. We have a limited number of parking spots so we encourage everyone, including locals, to carpool or take advantage of the busses.
Option 1: Ride a bus with other Camp Stalker attendees (recommended for Weekenders as it'll be a blast & will #SaveTheEnvironment)
On Friday, there will be two busses available to take you to Camp Stalker:
- Leaves at 1 p.m. from the Green Lake parking lot by the soccer fields at N 53rd St and Green Lake Way N. You can have an Uber drop you off there or park in the neighborhood just east of Green Lake Way N.
- Leaves at 3 p.m. from the SeaTac Airport. Go to the baggage claim level and walk all the way to the far end, door 00 (you're walking in the correct direction if the numbers on the doors are getting smaller, and if the baggage carousels are on your right).
On Sunday, there will be two busses (one at 10 a.m. and one at 3 p.m.) departing from Camp Stalker and dropping at the Green Lake pick-up location:
- If you'd like to take the bus up on Friday and stay Sunday night we expect cars will be available to get you back to Seattle on Monday morning. Email email@example.com if you need help arranging a ride for Monday.
Option 2: Drive to Camp Stalker
Guemes Island Resort
Located approximately 90 miles north of Seattle, Guemes Island is a five-minute ferry ride from the town of Anacortes.
The link on the address above will take you to the Googles for directions.
From Seattle take I-5 north to Exit 230 (Burlington-Anacortes exit), turn left (west) onto Highway SR-20 to Anacortes. As you enter Anacortes on Highway 20, turn right onto Commercial (the main street through town). Travel north on Commercial to 6th Avenue, turn left. Travel about seven blocks on 6th and "I" Street. When you drive off the ferry onto Guemes Island just follow Guemes Island Road, straight ahead of you, for about 4 miles. We are at the very end of the road.
- There are two ferry terminals in Anacortes. Make sure you go to the Guemes Island Ferry terminal. Just use the Google to get you there. DO NOT GO TO THE ANACORTES FERRY TERMINAL.
- The ferry runs every 30-60 minutes from 6:30 a.m. – 11 p.m. The rate per car is $12 (covers the driver), plus $4 per passenger. Ferry schedules and rates can be found here.